Medicare Plan L
Medigap Plan L is designed to cover 75% of basic and other common costs. Some benefits
may be used frequently while others may not be wanted at all. Medigap Plan L pays
for the entire Medicare Part A coinsurance (copay) as well as for any hospital costs
after Medicare Part A limits are exhausted. Nevertheless, there are limits to coverage
until the $2310 deductible has been met.
Plan L does not pay any part of the Medicare Part B deductible or excess charges,
it also doesn’t cover foreign travel emergency, recovery at home, or any part of
the cost of preventive care that is not covered by Medicare part B.
Medigap Plan L only covers:
• Medicare Part A Coinsurance, and all costs after hospital benefits are exhausted
• 75% of Medicare Part B Coinsurance or Copayment for other than preventative services
• 75% of Blood (first 3 pints). Medicare typically covers all costs associated with
blood after the first 3 pints.
• Medicare Preventative Care Part B Coinsurance
In addition, Medigap Plan L policies provide the following additional benefits:
• 75% of Medicare Part A Deductible
• 75% Hospice care Coinsurance
• 75% Skilled nursing facility coinsurance
Plan L is therefore suggested to people who are in practically good health and those
who have financial resources available.